1. SiEPIC: Mach-Zehnder interferometer with Y-branches¶
This tutorial requires the IPKISS PDK for SiEPIC, which is downloaded together with the Luceda Academy samples.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to implement a Mach-Zehnder interferometer using Y-branches. To build the circuit, we will use available components from the IPKISS PDK for SiEPIC.
By the end of this tutorial, you will be able to
- design and simulate a simple circuit using the IPKISS PDK for SiEPIC,
- simulate the Y-branch component,
- add fiber grating couplers as the input and output devices to the circuit, and
- simulate the final circuit.