3. Arrayed waveguide grating (AWG) demultiplexer¶
The goal of this application example is to teach you how to use the IPKISS AWG Designer to design an arrayed waveguide grating (AWG) demultiplexer. As a target application, we use the IEEE 400Gb Ethernet  standard 400GBase-LR8 .
In this example, you will learn:
- How to control the basic physical properties and models required for designing and implementing an AWG
- How to derive implementation parameters from high-level specifications
- How to implement and simulate the AWG, resulting in a finalized layout for tape-out and model for circuit simulation
- How to analyze the simulated performance of the AWG and relate it to commonly accepted specs such as insertion loss, or cross-talk